JumpCloud System – User bindings for windows systems
1. JumpCloud cloud solution for IDaaS allows you to add windows systems using an agent installed on them. Once the system exist within jumpcloud, now you have to configure the user. You go to the System option and select the system, from here you select the user you want to allow access the windows system and choose if you want to allow access as a Standard User or Administrator.
2.Once JumpCloud save the changes. Now you can remote access the server with the user.
3. Now you should have been logged within the windows systems. If you go to the Control Panel and verify the user account now exist.
Okta add new application – adding bitbucket within okta self-service portal
Once you have access to the okta self-service. Okta allows you to start adding sso features for some applications. Below screenshot for okta bitbucket.
1.Within the okta self-service select add app
2. Okta added the application within your dashboard. Click in the okta bitbucket icon top-right to configure your credentials.
3. Now configure the credentials to allow okta authenticate on your behalf. Click the update credentials tab.
4. Complete the screen with the bitbucket credentials
5. At this point okta added and configured bitbucket and is ready to be used. Click in the okta bitbucket icon and okta will start redirecting to the bitbucket web site and authenticate on your behalf.
6. After okta complete the redirection, now you will within the bitbucket website.
8. If you go back to the okta self-service, okta will popup a screen asking you to certify that okta was able to complete the okta bitbucket authentication.
Now you are ready to add more okta applications within your okta self-service portal.
Okta Self-Service Portal
Okta self-service allow the user to manage their profile information as well access to applications. The screen below show okta self-service pages.
1. Go to the https://login.okta.com/ and introduce the name of your okta company tenant.
2. okta will displays a form with the sign-in information.
3. Once completed the okta sign-in process, you will be redirected to the okta web site and top left you can select Your Apps or logout icons,
4. Click in the okta Your apps icon and now you will be redirected to the okta portal where you can use or add applications to your dashboard.
What service is installed in Windows systems using JumpCloud?
As part of the integration for windows systems, an agent is required to be installed.
JumpCloud agent manages local user accounts and allows you to remotely control your systems.
Display name: JumpCloud Agent
Service name: jumpcloud-agent
Below is the screenshot of the windows service installed by JumpCloud.
Okta installing browser plugin for Self-Service
Once you get the user access for Okta portal, now you can access okta self-service.One requirement to have fully functional portal is to install a okta browser plugin.
Below the screenshot with the steps:
1. Login to the okta self-service portal. Okta will display a top message with the browser plugin requirement. Click the install plugin button.
2. Click Allow to install the okta plugin
3. Click install okta plugin
4. Once the okta plugin installation is complete a message is displayed.
5. After restart the browser, now you can see the list of okta applications.
The browser plugin wi t was last updated December 14, 2016. You can find the okta browser plugin history here https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Settings/Version_Histories/Ver_History_Browser_Plugin.htm
Systems in JumpCloud refers to Windows, Mac, and Linux hosts on which you can install a JumpCloud agent and start managing those.
Add new system in JumpCloud require 2 steps:
1. Install a JumpCloud in the system
2. Add New System in the JumpCloud Admin Console
Following the screenshot with the steps :
1. In the JumpCloud System to be managed, login to the Admin Console and download the JumpCloud Agent corresponding to your environment ( Windows, Mac or Linux). Copy and paste the JumpCloud Connect key that will be used later in the Agent Installation screen.
2. Once the JumpCloud is downloaded within the system. Proceed with the installation.
3. Click Next in the JumpCloud destination location
4. As part of the JumpCloud agent installation, Visual C++ dependency will be installed.
4. Click Yes to allow the JumpCloud agent to download the Visual C++ requirement.
5. Now JumpCloud requires to enter the JumpCloud Connect key, this is the value you got when the agent was downloaded.
6. Wait for the JumpCloud registration screen to run the authorization connect key process.
7. Now the JumpCloud is completed and your system should be ready and added in the JumpCloud Admin Console.
8. Login to the JumpCloud admin console and verify the system is now added.
Okta Add Person Steps
OKTA is another cloud solution that allows you to manage identities in the cloud. Below screenshot to add person within the solution:
1. Go to okta sign in page at https://login.okta.com/
2. Once signed in in okta, select the Add Person Button
3. okta will display a form to allow you capture the person information. Complete the fields and click Add Person button.
4. At this point okta had created a new person within your okta cloud tenant and an email sent to the user with the credential information.
5. Below a screenshot of the email sent by okta during the add person process.
The screen above shows you a manual process to introduce okta person, but okta provides you Directory Integration and Import Users from CSV capabilities that we will discuss later.